Coyo Taco teams up with The Hungry Post on Instagram Live for a Chilaquiles class in preparation for your Cinco de Mayo hangover.
Cinco de Mayo is an invented holiday that we love to love and this year we’re not only celebrating it differently but we’re even more excited to sprinkle some tajin on everything. The cabin fever is real, the days just blend into one another so celebrating Cinco de Mayo has us ecstatic. And yes, we know it’s not Mexico’s Independence Day. Either way, we’re going to honor the great culture of Mexico with our favorite dish, chilaquiles.
Join us on May 4th at 8 PM on our Instagram LIVE as Coyo Taco’s Chef Scott Linquist teaches us how to make his version of Chilaquiles con Huevos.
If you missed the LIVE cooking class, you can still check it out HERE
- 8 eggs cooked sunny side, or scrambled if you prefer
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 12 ounces salsa (store purchased salsa like Herdez salsa verde work well)
- 4 ounces mexican crema or sour cream
- 16 ounces grated cheese, white cheddar and monterrey jack are good choices
- 8 ounces refried black beans, canned refried beans if preferred
- 4 ounce pico de gallo
- 1 ounce guacamole
- 4 tablespoons cotija cheese,
- Pinch chopped cilantro on each serving
- Cooked Chorizo
- Browned ground beef
- Shredded chicken
- or any other meats or proteins